This is your first time to undergo eye surgery and you do not know about the eye drop that your doctor gives to you. If you get the one called Durezol eye drops, you may want to know more about the medicine before you use it onto your eyes. Well, Durezol or Difluprednate Ophthalmic Emulsion is a kind of steroid medicine which is used to prevent substance release in our body which causes inflammation. It is usually given to those who suffer from eye inflammation and pain caused by surgery.
Durezol Eye Drops Uses and Side Effects
Well, there are actually some points that are important to check when we have a new medicine in hand. The first one is about how to use the medicine. We can say that the way to use the medicine is exactly like the way your doctor said to you before. However, if you want to make sure, here is the way to apply for this medicine onto your eyes.
- First, lean your head back a little and then draw down the lower eyelid of your eyes to make a kind of small pocket.
- Second, hold the dropper above your eye then squeeze the dropper to drop the medicine in your eyes. You may look away from the Durezol dropper as you drop the medicine on your eyes.
- Third, close your eyes approximately two or three minutes with the head still tipped down. Don’t blink or squint as you close your eyes after using the Durezol eye drops. Then, squash your finger gently to the eye’s inside corner approximately one minute. This is useful to maintain the medicine from draining.
Moreover, there are some points that you need to remember when you apply the eye drop. It is important for you to decide to drop the medicine in your eyes as prescribed by your doctor. In case your doctor prescribes it to be used more than once, you must wait for five minutes between one drop and another. Then, you need to wait for minimally five minutes before you use another eye drop which your doctor prescribed before.
Additionally, it is also necessary for you to know some of the side effects that can be caused by this medicine. You can find some of the side effects that may happen because of this medicine on these following points.
- Ache behind eyes, vision change, strict headache
- Unexpected redness on eyes, itching and other irritations
- Healing becomes so slow after the eye surgery
- Symptom of another new infection on eyes like draining, crusting or swelling
- Tunnel vision, vision of halos when you are around light
- Change in iris color and appearance
Those are some of the side effects that you may find. If you find those signs as you use the medicine, you have to call your doctor as soon as possible. In addition to those side effects, there is the possibility of allergic reaction to the medicine as well. So, if you feel difficulty in breathing, hive, bump on face, tongue, throat, and lips after using Durezol eye drops you have to call your doctor immediately as well.
Read also How to Undilate Eyes